An opportunity to connect, communicate feelings, share and heal with others.
Group therapy is a positive and healing environment where you can discover how you are in relation to others. Group therapy is a social microcosm and often a re-enactment of the primary family. Group members listen and learn from each other.
Previous group members have reported the following benefits of group therapy:
- Discovering and accepting previously unknown or unacceptable parts of myself.
- Being able to say what is bothering me instead of holding it in.
- Other members telling me honestly what they think of me.
- Learning how to express my feelings.
- The group taught me about the impression I make on others.
- Learnt to take responsibility for the way I live my life.
Other benefits of being part of a process group are:
- Feelings of belonging
- Feeling safe and supported to release emotions
- Building self-awareness
- Identifying and changing any dysfunctional patterns or roles you played in primary family.
When: Fortnightly – Tuesday evenings from 6.30pm – 8.45pm
Where: 3/360 Matcham Road, Matcham