Need support? I have many years’ experience providing supervision, supporting counsellors, students and volunteers who work in the field of emotionally assisting others.
Why counsellors need supervision:
As a Counsellor/therapist you must have regular supervision to meet the annual professional development requirements for your governing body, such as PACFA. Having said that it is imperative that you get good support for your own wellbeing and balance.
Supervision provides protection for the clients, as I can act as an impartial 3rd party, who is able to highlight any oversights and assist you to reflect on your own thoughts, feelings, behaviours and approaches to working with your client.
Regular supervision assists Counsellors to:
- Detach themselves from the clients issues after a session
- Become aware of any limiting self beliefs
- Become aware of signs of stress and burnout
- Build awareness of appropriate self care
- Reflect on sessions and any areas of feeling stuck in ongoing therapy
- Become aware of projection, transference or counter transference
- Set up appropriate priorities, standards and administrative procedures
- Market and pace themselves
- Gain personal awareness and development
- Monitor and discuss difficult or challenging issues with clients
Confidentiality and ethics
Counsellor-client confidentiality is maintained and adhered to as individual identifying information, such as the client’s name, is not revealed in the supervision sessions.
At all times I offer ethical support that works within the guidelines of the code of ethics and practice for the supervision of Counsellors as set out by PACFA.
Tamika holds the following qualifications
- Masters in Gestalt Psychotherapy (GTS)
- Adv Dip Gestalt Psychotherapy (TGI)
- Grad Dip Soc Sc & Counselling (ACAP)
- Adv Clinical Resource Therapist (RTI)
- Resource Therapist Trainer (RTI)
- Adv Dip Hypnotherapy (HTA)
- Supervision Skills Training (SAAP)
Tamika is a full member of the following associations:
- Clinical member with Gestalt Australia and New Zealand (GANZ)
- Clinical member with Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA)
- Clinical member with Australian Hypnotherapist Association (AHA)