Relationships at some point experience breakdown in communication, conflict, or challenges. This breakdown can occur between the couple if they drift apart or the passion/romance dies down.
Challenge within the relationship can also occur as a result of external factors, such as arguments within the family unit, stress relating to work, financial strain, addictions or dishonesty.
SOME COMMON AREAS OF CONCERN IN RELATIONSHIPS ARE:
- Lack of communication
- Lack of respect for each other
- Different sexual needs
- Lack of trust
- Merged or blended families
- Conflicting ideas about parenting
- Conflict over a family member or child
- Controlling or abusive behaviour
- Addictions, such as gambling, alcohol, drugs
- Conflict over finances
When such challenging issues in a relationship are left unattended, it can fester and grow, creating resentment, anger and unhappiness.
How Couples Counselling can help you
Tamika is able to help you identify and change unhealthy ways of dealing with conflict or challenge. By building awareness of stuck patterns of behaviour and trying new healthy ways of communicating with each other, couples can problem solve and reconnect as a couple.
During the therapy session, each partner has an opportunity to talk about their view of the relationship and how they see the perceived problem. Tamika is then able to highlight any misunderstandings in communication and/or offer a new perspective on the presenting issue.
By attending couples therapy, Tamika is able to:
- Provide a safe environment where you can openly discuss your challenges
- Facilitate healthy communication so you can express your feelings, needs and desires for yourself and the relationship.
- Provide new skills which will enable you to resolve conflict or challenges.
- Provide strategies on how to recreate romance and intimacy in your relationship
- Help you reconnect as a couple
- Bring respect into your relationship
- Help you deal with differences