Hello and welcome to my web site
I am a qualified Gestalt Psychotherapist, Counsellor, Clinical Hypnotherapist, Resource Therapist and trainer, Supervisor and Group Facilitator with many years experience supporting clients who have experienced trauma, abuse, hardship, grief and loss, addictions, eating disorders, depression or anxiety and stress.
If you are feeling stuck, at a cross road or confused with life and what it has dealt you, I can support you to find your meaning and purpose in this life time, and more importantly, offer you a safe place to heal. I often use the metaphor of having a back pack on your back and every time something happens to you a brick is put into that back pack. Over the years, the back pack can become heavy, weighing you down and constantly pulling you back into the past. So the past is stopping you from moving forward in your life. In our sessions, we can metaphorically take the back pack off and put it into the middle of the room and slowly open it and examine the contents. This can be brick by brick and there may be some bricks you choose to leave in the back pack until another time and that’s ok.
From my many years professional experience and my own life experiences, I can offer you understanding, compassion and support so you can find your sense of self and who you are in the world and more importantly, what is your purpose.
What I offer you-
- Respect and value – I value you and the relationship we have as client and therapist
- Utmost integrity and honesty– I value my ethics and integrity. I live my life according to my values and I work in a professional way. Being open and honest is an integral part of what I offer to you.
- To walk beside you on your healing journey, offering you support with care and compassion – it is never about me being ‘all fixed up’ and being ‘Ok’ and you being ‘not Ok’ and needing to be ‘fixed’. We are all on life’s journey and I would feel proud to walk beside you on your healing journey. I also feel that because of my journey and life experiences, I can offer my care, compassion, experience and wisdom as a way of supporting you.
- A safe place to heal – In our first session together, I gain some history and find out what got you to the stage where you feel something has to change and it’s you. At the end of the first session I will discuss how you feel and if you feel I am the right therapist for you. In life when we first meet somebody, it is not always a given that you will get on with that person, so it is important that you feel safe with me. There needs to be trust between us in order to do the deep healing work. I offer that safe place, where you can speak the unspeakable and access held in emotions.
- Awareness and insights into your behaviour– You can’t change what you don’t acknowledge, so in our sessions we will build awareness of any unconscious patterns of behaviour that are no longer serving you.
- Working experientially and holistically– Working experientially or doing an experiment can feel exciting for some but scary for others. Yet I have found experiments to be something as simple as just trying something different. I often say ‘if you don’t do anything different, nothing with change’. Working experientially is holistic, as it offers you an opportunity to experience something different and to gain more connection between the mind, the body and the spirit. Click here to see my frequently asked questions about this
- Confidentiality- What happens in the therapy room stays in the therapy room. The only variation to this commitment to you is if you disclose any child protection concerns or if you are going to harm yourself or somebody else.
- Inspiration – I am passionate about my work. In fact it never feels like work at all. I love to pass on what I know and to offer you support so you can feel inspired and excited about your life.
- An integrative approach – I have many years experience working as a Gestalt Therapist, Counsellor, Hypnotherapist and Resource Therapist, hence I offer you the opportunity to experience different modalities. I work intuitively and offer what feels right for you. It is important to know that I work with you, so any decision on what modality is to be used, has to feel right for both of us. I offer a safe, supportive environment for healing, using techniques such as Gestalt, Hypnotherapy, Resource Therapy, mindfulness and awareness exercises, role play, somatic or body work, art therapy, guided visualisation and working experientially, all enabling you to gain a connection between your mind, your body and your emotions.
I specialise in working with:
- Anxiety and stress
- Grief and Loss
- Anger issues
- Eating disorders
- Relationship/couples counselling
- Life stages and change
I am also part of the faculty as resident Facilitator and Counsellor with the Petrea King, Quest for Life Foundation; as a trainer with Hypnotherapy Training Australia at Terrigal and as a teacher at the Australian College of Applied Psychology (ACAP)
Masters in Gestalt Psychotherapy (GTS)
Adv Dip Gestalt (TGI)
Adv Dip Applied Social Science and Counselling (ACAP)
Dip in Clinical Hypnotherapy (HTA)
Advanced Clinical Resource Therapist and Trainer (RTI)
Cert 1V Training and Assessment
Clinical member PACFA & GANZ & AHA
Quest for Life Foundation www.questforlife.com.au
Hypnotherapy Training Australia http://www.hypnotherapyhta.com/
Australian College of Applied Psychology (ACAP) http://www.acap.edu.au/
Passion for Living Retreats http://passionforlivingretreats.com/
Penny Brenton Hypnotherapist http://www.pennybrenton.com/
David Hipsley Central Coast Mediation http://centralcoastmediation.com.au/
Judy Pryor Civil Celebrant www.judypryor.weebly.com